Captain Jonathan Rome

Forum for the U.S.S. Hyperion, running every Monday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Lieutenant

Re: Captain Jonathan Rome

Postby Chris Esterhuyse » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:47 am

I am as confused. How I am supposed to plan an assault against a crazy person?
XO - Cmdr. Rojer Lyon - USS Hyperion

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Postby Andrew Rice » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:25 am

Fight crazy with crazy.
Vincit Omnia Veritas - The truth conquers all things.

TAC - LtJG. Soule Douglas - USS Hyperion NCC-77989 / S.T.A.R. ECS
ENG - Lt. Ilaihr - USS Atlantis NCC-1021-D
CSO - LtJG. Hamlet - USS Sentinel NCC-79088

Lieutenant

Postby Andrew James » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:29 am

Let's make sure we don't go faster than warp 1, it'll give us another week to get more info and figure out what the hell is going on over there...

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:09 am

Andrew James wrote:Let's make sure we don't go faster than warp 1, it'll give us another week to get more info and figure out what the hell is going on over there...

Haha! That's one solution. :)

Commander

Captain Jonathan Rome 11511.30

Postby Einar S » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:51 pm

With CJ as Adria

The door opened again, eventually. There was Adria, of course, but she wasn't alone, a large Klingon accompanying her, standing just a bit behind.
"It's time," she called quietly.
Jonathan awoke with a startle and rose up to sitting position, his head spinning. “You’re….letting me go?”
"You're worth far more to me alive than dead," she explained, giving a soft smile. "The Hyperion will be here soon. You'll be needing this." She held up his uniform shirt and jacket, freshly cleaned, the pips and combadge glinting even in the low light of the interrogation room.
“I don’t understand…”
She sighed softly, walking slowly to the table, undid the shackle on his legs and helped him sit up.
"In a way, Jonathan, you're insurance," she explained, gently helping him dress; his shoulders would need a lot of work once he was recovered. "My followers understand my message. Many of them have felt the same pain as I and countless others have. Unfortunately, by choosing to follow someone who is a wanted criminal, they will be easily dismissed by the powers that be; the Federation, in this case."
After the shirt came the jacket, and again she was careful to cause him as little pain as possible. It was almost as if she were dressing a child, her voice a soothing tone. He let her dress him whilst listening to her explanation….he didn’t even try to fight back. What was the use?

"But one of her most decorated officers? Not so easy to dismiss," she said, facing him and smiling warmly. "And even if they don't listen to you, I have made at least one of you see. When I am dead, that will be enough."
Jonathan reached up as she did his collar and grabbed her hand, not forcefully but gently. “Adria…I won’t be your puppet…..but I do sympathize with your people”
Adria frowned lightly, and gently cupped Jonathan's chin with her free hand. Her expression was a puzzle in that moment; sadness, anger, and resolution warred in her eyes before she gave Jonathan a gentle kiss on the forehead.
"I will never ask you to be my puppet, understand? I need you to be the man you are, the one who endures," she whispered, before taking a step back, admiring him in his uniform. "And when the time comes, I need you to do the right thing," she finished.

Jonathan tugged at his uniform, it felt loose on him. Then looked at her, his face full of sorrow and resignation. “You butchered me….I will have to bring you in, you know that”
She smiled, that familiar smirk curling the corner of her mouth as she turned for the exit.
"What I've done here will be the least of my crimes, I assure you. Now, let's get you set up," she remarked, motioning for the Klingon to help Jonathan walk.
Jonathan glared at the Klingon. “Klingon. Touch me and die”
The Klingon growled threateningly, but let him walk on his own. The three moved through corridors slowly as Jonathan focused on moving his legs. The corridors might have seemed dimly lit had he not been held in a mostly lightless room. The rest of the facility had an abandoned feel to it, like it had once held several people, but now it was only them. Finally, they stepped into a spacious, well-lit room. It was empty, save for a chair in the dead center of the room. Adria stopped in front of it, motioning for Jonathan to sit and an image of himself sitting in a similar chair being mindprobed and eventually shot by Dixon flashed before his eyes.

“What if I don’t?” he asked her, feeling more confident now that he had his uniform back on….false confidence as underneath he felt like he might throw up.
Adria only laughed softly, placing her hands on her hips.
"There he is," she said, stepping towards him confidently. With the Klingon behind him, he had nowhere to go as she punched him squarely in the lower abdomen, doubling him over and spraying blood on the floor as he coughed.
"It was getting a bit chummy, wasn't it?" she asked as the Klingon grabbed his arm, wrenching it behind his back as he led Jonathan to his chair.
Jonathan didn’t even struggle…there was no fight left in him and took the seat, unceremoniously but silently.
His hands were chained to the chair. The chair itself wasn't bolted to anything, so it seemed they only served as a minor annoyance. Perhaps they were just for show.
"Don't want them to think we've mistreated you," Adria joked as she wiped the blood off his chin. She sighed softly, looking down at him.
"Regain your strength, Jonathan. You're going to need it for our last meeting," she counseled.
He didn’t even look up…..and he felt ashamed for it.
Adria nodded to her Klingon companion, and the two moved off, leaving him alone, broken and battered, to wait for his crew.

He waited for the doors to close before letting go off his silent composure and soon enough tears began flowing down his cheek as he shook. “Please come and get me….please come and get me”
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Lieutenant

Postby Chris Esterhuyse » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:03 pm

Oh.

My.

Hat.
XO - Cmdr. Rojer Lyon - USS Hyperion

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:19 pm

Hoe

Lee

Balls.

Commander

Captain Jonathan Rome 11512.07

Postby Einar S » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:16 pm

Beep.....beep.....beep.....beep...

The gentle humming and beeping of machinery brought him out of the darkness....and the smell. Flowery...the scent that always made his heart skip. Hair. She applied something to her hair. He remembered playing with it, taking it all in.

He gently opened his eyes, it was hard...hard to focus....hard to breathe. His whole body hurt. But she was here, wasn't she?

He tried to move but his limbs wouldn't work. Containment field? Sickbay. Yes. They had him....oh gods he was home. The emotions threatened to overcome him, his hair stood on ends and he felt a chill run up his spine....adrenaline, shock. Relief.

Then a gentle warm touch on his shoulder.

"Jon"

His heart raced.

He looked up. There she was. "Eva"

She smiled and took a step to his side, her hand cupping his bearded face, her thumb stroking his cheek. It was wet with tears.
"Jon...you're back. You're alright"

She leant down and kissed his lips, the taste of salt mixed with the sweet taste of her lips. As she moved back he gazed up at her beautiful face...his eyes confused. Something was off.
"Eva...I've missed you so much"

She smiled. He always loved it when she smiled. Her auburn hair framing her face, small dimples on the side of her face...freckles painted on her nose. That spark in her eyes. "I missed you too....we found you. Roj and Danann, Jo...everyone. We looked everywhere" she reached down and deactivated the containment field which deactivated in a blue shimmer, then reached out and grabbed his hand and stroked it gently.
"She...."

"Hurt you...I know. But you're fine now. Jon, you're safe. I promise you"

He felt the tears starting again and Eva smiled gently and reached out, drying his tears. "Jon it's alright...you're home, and I will never let anyone take you again"

"Jonathan closed his eyes as she dried his tears and took in the smell of her. "I'm never leaving you again" he said softly, then reached up and grabbed her hand and pulled her in softly for a kiss. It felt like an eternity. Sweet...bittersweet.

He smiled gently as their lips parted, then opened his eyes and his heart thumped in his chest as her face distorted into a green mask of fury. "Oh Captain...that was wonderful"

Her eyes gleamed as she licked her lips and retrieved a familiar looking dagger from her belt. "This will never be over"

Then she thrust the dagger deep into his chest laughing maniacally....again and again. But no matter how hard he tried....no one heard his screams.
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Lieutenant

Postby Babette C » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:57 pm

Well, that explains it. I'm putting an alarm on that restraining field button.. :P Nicely done.
CMO - Lt. Isabelle Rousseau - USS Hyperion NCC-77989
AMB - Lt. JG Rebecca Terell - USS Sentinel NCC-79088

Lieutenant

Postby Andrew James » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:29 am

That is so sad :-(
Nicely written log Einar.

PreviousNext

Return to U.S.S. Hyperion