XO Commander Rojer Lyon

Forum for the U.S.S. Hyperion, running every Monday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Lieutenant

aCO Commander Rojer Lyon 11508.31

Postby Chris Esterhuyse » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:37 pm

Rojer sat in the Big Chair, mulling over the conversations with the Admiral and with the Viceroy. Both went as predictably as he could have expected. At least it appeared that the Admiral was on their side with this matter. He could only hope the Federation Council would be as accommodating. And the medical fleet backup was more than welcome too.

He had also expected the Teffen reaction, but he could live with their dissatisfaction. The treatment of their people left him with very little sympathy for their disgruntlement.

He had to smile to himself about the crew's ingenuity. It was something he hadn't thought of immediately and he liked the fact that they were coming up with the ideas themselves. He looked around for a moment, catching up with the situation on the planet.
XO - Cmdr. Rojer Lyon - USS Hyperion

Commander

Re: XO Commander Rojer Lyon

Postby Einar S » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:23 am

just got around to reading these, well done :)
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Lieutenant

aCO Commander Rojer Lyon 11509.14

Postby Chris Esterhuyse » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:56 pm

A riot. Of course there would be a riot. What else could he expect from a people that were on the brink of genocide? And they had to get it under control – somehow. He watched the screen as they kept track of Soule’s team in the madness.

The broadcast that Niamh was trying to get sent out of Rove asking for peace, was now even more important. He suspected there was more going on than was apparent, but the what of it wasn’t jumping out and waving its hands about. He hated not knowing.
Last edited by Chris Esterhuyse on Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lieutenant

aCO Commander Rojer Lyon 11509.21

Postby Chris Esterhuyse » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:57 pm

The end was in sight. The medical fleet was due to arrive within a day. Only a day to keep martial law in effect. He probably had violated so many regulations by ordering martial law, but it was the only option he had on hand. The diplomats can sort it out.

The old Teffen’s message had had little effect on calming the riot that was in progress and well, squashing it seemed the only option before too many people got hurt.

The last thing that he was concerned about was the effect it would have on their trade agreements with the Teffen government. All that he wanted was for the sick populace to be healed and prevent further deaths.

Lieutenant

aCO Commander Rojer Lyon 11509.28

Postby Chris Esterhuyse » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:02 pm

Rojer was sorely tempted to drop-kick the PADD across the lounge as he made an inarticulate noise of rage. Ethan gave him a questioning look, but knew better than to interrupt when his husband was angry. And the blond was beyond furious heading for apoplexy.

“He’s not fucking coming back yet.” He turned the PADD to show a cheerily smiling Rome on some beach somewhere. “He says, and I quote: ‘Hi Roj,’ and you KNOW how much I hate that, ‘taking a bit of time off, I’ll be back sooner or later. You’ll do great, I have all kinds of faith in you. Oh, and don’t fuck it up.’ Can you believe it?” His voice heading for the pitch that will make dogs howl.

Ethan paused to see if the question was rhetorical. Rojer starts ranting again and the pilot just shuts up since apparently it was.

“I am going to kill him. No, I’m going kill him, then time travel to the future so I can get the technology to resurrect him, then I’ll come back and resurrect him so I can kill him again and again. Then I’ll go to the past and kill him every year on his birthday just because I can.”

Ethan raised an eyebrow. “Isn’t that a little extreme?” he asked mildly. The glare he got would have made lesser men quail and run for the door. “Can’t you settle for kicking him in the nuts or something?”

A smile spread over Rojer’s face. “That’s why I married you. This time travel plot is too complicated. Kicking in the nuts it is. Will you hold him down while I kick?” Ethan just started laughing. “Don’t you laugh at me, Ethan Miller. I know where you sleep.”

The pilot finally dissolved into giggles. “Luv, you are cute when you’re angry. Come here, have a drink and calm down. You’re doing fine.” He patted the seat next to him on the couch. Rojer grumbled as he got a drink and settled on the couch, snuggling up to Ethan.

“I hate him, just for the record,” he muttered spitefully.

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:32 pm

I don't actually see why you can't combine both plans...
Travel back in time and knee him in the balls on each and every birthday.

:)

Lieutenant

aCO Commander Rojer Lyon 11509.28 Supplemental

Postby Chris Esterhuyse » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:09 pm

Lieutenant

aCO Commander Rojer Lyon 11510.05

Postby Chris Esterhuyse » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:19 pm

Placeholder

Lieutenant

aCO Commander Rojer Lyon 11510.12 (Joint log with aXO)

Postby Chris Esterhuyse » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:23 pm

Rojer read through the PADD again, the legalese taking a bit of time to work through. It boiled down to one thing. After the collapse of the Romulan Empire following the destruction of Romulus, then-president Okeg declared that the UFP would continue to honor the treaty, despite the fact that the government they'd signed the treaty with was no more. The new president has reversed that decision.

He heaved a sigh and headed out of his office, after having the computer locate Danann. The ride down to Main Engineering was uneventful, but he felt it went too fast. Entering Main Engineering made him falter in his steps. The place was deserted. In the middle of Alpha shift. He stalked over to the chief engineer's office.

"What the fuck have you done?"

"What you should have...“ she replied wearily. She looked up at him, her eyes red and her cheeks flushed. She had a hand resting on an active PADD. Paperwork, he realized. She was doing fucking paperwork. "They didn't have to be involved in this," she added.

"What I should have..." he sputtered. Rojer flung the PADD down on the desk. "If you bothered to read the information on here properly, you wouldn't have been so quick to order the staff out of here." He stalked back and forth a few times. "Bridge, this is the Captain. Recall all Engineering personnel on Alpha shift." He turned to face her. "What am I to do with you?"

"Back me up, maybe?" she quirked an eyebrow.

He looked at her incredulously. "How about you do the same for me? My job is difficult enough that I don't need to fight you every step of the way." He pointed at the PADD. "Read it. I even made a convenient summary at the end for you."

Niamh sat back in her chair and surveyed him. "I won't have that device in my engine room. It's not right."

"That's easy to fix. This isn't your engine room anymore. Hand over everything to your deputy. You can be a pilot again." He turned for the door. "And read that PADD. That's an order. Maybe that will get you off your high horse."

Niamh's stomach dropped and her face went pale. "You're removing me?!"

He turned to face her. "I'm changing the description of your duties," he said calmly. "You don't want it in your engine room, so I'm removing you from there. And in case you are thinking of inciting a mutiny among the engineers, I will fire the lot of them and get a completely new engineering complement that will follow my orders." He gave the PADD a pointed look. "Like the one I already gave you, which you thus far have ignored. Decision time, Commander."

Danann stared at him, shocked by his tone. She stood up slowly, reluctantly picked up the PADD. Without looking at it, she walked with forced calm over to him. Raising the PADD and waving it in the direction of the Engineering corps workers, she spoke, her voice hushed and shaking with adrenaline-laced anger. "No good will come of us having that... thing... on board, Captain. It's dishonest, sneaky, unstarfleet ... If HQ thinks we need it for our next assignment, then we're doomed before we even hit impulse."

He returned her look impassively. He hated this. He hated to be hard and unyielding. They couldn't afford to be all gung-ho, yippee-ki-yay mutherfuckers all the time. There were consequences and the Teffen aftermath was coming now. Admiral Walker felt it for backing him up. He knew some were baying for his head since he cost the Federation serious setbacks in trade.

"You are probably right, and I will note your objections in my log. But this," he gestured to the still empty main engineering. "This passive aggressive bullshit stops now. I will happily go back to being OPS or XO and you can command the ship. But please remember that anything you do as Captain, has consequences for your crew. And right now the Hyperion cannot afford to disobey direct orders."

Rojer sighed, taking the still unread PADD from her and scrolling to the end, highlighting the summary he's made. "The powers that be decided that it doesn't need to continue honouring a treaty with a government that doesn't exist anymore. That's the reality. When, not if, when this all does turn into a clusterfuck, I give you permission to say 'I told you so.' "

"Cold comfort." She accepted the offending PADD and brushed past him. She skimmed the text as she walked, giving neither Lyon, nor Main Engineering a second glance as she left for the bridge.

He watched her leave, feeling like hell. "Cold comfort, indeed," he muttered to himself as he turned to hear the engineering staff starting to trickle back in. "At least she didn't quit." Rojer walked out of the chief engineer's office, through Main Engineering and out into the corridor. He needed to think and brooding in his office wasn't going to accomplish that. He changed direction for the holodeck. Maybe Vitro would spar with him - at least the hologram wouldn't ask questions.

Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Postby C. J. Short » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:47 pm

Great log, guy! Never a dull moment, huh?
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

PreviousNext

Return to U.S.S. Hyperion