SCI Lt. T'Lira

Forum for the U.S.S. Atlantis, running every Wednesday at 2100 EST. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, and post your logs for everyone to read.

Moderator: Luceo

Lieutenant
As predicted in the Bible

Re: SCI Lt. JG T'Lira

Postby Luceo » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:00 pm

I really like this. Logic can justify both perspectives, which is its power and its flaw. Bravo!
"Come let us sail the boundless sea..."

Lieutenant
Banned

Character Name: Alexis Wright

Postby Holly Kolodziejczak » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:04 pm

At a time like this, it makes perfect sense to reflect on the choices that brought us here, as illogical as those reflections may be. ;) Nice to see this side of T'Lira.
CSO Lt Commander Alexis Wright, U.S.S. Atlantis

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Postby James Greenman » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:10 pm

Fantastic stuff! I love watching Vulcan logic at play, it often shows a deeper side to an internal conflict and attempts to justify thoughts, actions and especially emotions. You play one fantastic Vulcan!
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Lieutenant

Unofficial Medicine

Postby Vanessa Brinkman » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:21 pm

Breep!

T'Lira looked up from her rather old-fashioned paper book as her door chime went off.

"Come."

The door slid open and a familiar grinning person walked in.

"Imagine this," Elena Garson grinned, "We've finally been stationed to the same place."

"It is just for repairs, Elena," T'Lira pointed out. Elena sat in that distasteful armchair that had somehow found its way into this set of quarters and shrugged.

"But it's still at the same place. How's the Atlantis?"

"Still in need of many repairs, although such repairs are progressing well. And the Hoffstaad?"

"I'm going to pay a surprise visit to those engineers later and remind them that if they don't fix my ship, I won't let them leave."

"You cannot stop them from leaving."

"After all these years, you still doubt me? I'm going to seal off Main Engineering if they test me. Because it's not just the station engineers screwing this up," Elena chuckled. T'Lira set her book aside and studied her old friend for a moment.

It was obvious that Elena had suffered wounds during the battle, as she was favoring her right leg far too much. Despite her current lack of uniform, T'Lira caught on to something she had said.

"Congratulations."

"What? Wait, you already... I should have known. Oh well, at least now I can say that Bril owes me some latinum. I just don't like the way it happened."

"What transpired?"

Elena sighed, "Captain T'l'l'h'o'p'l was hit with a support beam during the last battle. He's in the station hospital right now, but he decided to retire. That leaves me in command. The official promotion is tomorrow at 0900."

"At least he did not die."

"You always find the bright side, don't you?"

"On the contrary," T'Lira replied, about to continue, but Elena rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, I know. Yours is acting up too, huh?"

"My what?"

"Your inner pessimist. Mine keeps telling me that I'm going to mess this up."

T'Lira lifted an eyebrow, "If you are referring to your new command, you will perform admirably, as you have in the past."

Elena chuckled, "You sure know how to lift my mood, huh? Yeah, I guess you're right. I mean, I can't screw up as bad as Eddie's CO."

"It is impolite to speak ill of anyone when they are not present to present a proper defense of their actions."

"What, and you don't?"

"I prefer to leave my thoughts unspoken and private. That way, I do not need to concern myself with their response."

"Good idea. I might borrow that. Because I've sure managed to piss my science staff off by talking shit about one of their 'heroes', not that the old git is a hero."

"And who would that be?"

"Remember our old professor? The one who taught the basic science class in such a monotonous way that we all wanted to fall asleep?"

"They see him as a hero?"

"Ever since he messed up that experiment and discovered a subspace pocket by accident. They've been studying that thing for a month now and are nowhere near discovering how he messed up so bad as to discover it."

"That is an impressive feat."

Elena struggled not to laugh loudly, "For him, yeah. For everyone else, not so much."

T'Lira stated simply, "I did not clarify whether his feat was good or bad, merely that it was impressive."

Elena burst out laughing, "Yeah, I knew I had a right idea by dropping by. Who knew that a Vulcan could joke?"

T'Lira remained silently confused as Elena continued laughing. Perhaps the human aphorism regarding laughter as a medical treatment was correct. That would be an interesting topic for a later discussion with any of the medical personnel she knew.
SCI Lt. T'Lira, USS Atlantis
CMO Lt. Sarissa t'Kaveth, USS Sentinel
CTO Lt. Noemi Idaris, Sigma Rho

Lieutenant

Postby Luceo » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:19 pm

I always enjoy Vulcan humor, even if they don't realize they're being funny... or do they? It's also good to see more of the expanded universe of characters you've created, and their advancement.

Lieutenant
Banned

Character Name: Alexis Wright

Postby Holly Kolodziejczak » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:46 pm

I like Elena. I agree with what Jason said. Damn him for always commenting first!
CSO Lt Commander Alexis Wright, U.S.S. Atlantis

Lieutenant

Busy Days

Postby Vanessa Brinkman » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:19 pm

It had been quite some time since she had intended to return the tool kit to its proper location. However, as was usual during a refit, a crewman had asked for a second opinion of something they were trying to fix.

While not unusual, it was a mild annoyance. But it must be dealt with in a proper manner. So, T'Lira agreed to assist.

That had led to repairs on several blown relays and a trip to Main Engineering at one point to find an actual engineer to check the work done to make sure it had been done properly. Even though Vulcans could go without sleep for some time, this was... ridiculous was the most proper word here.

"Um, Lieutenant, does this look right?" a crewman asked as she attempted for a second time to return the tools.

She stopped and turned to check the crewman's work.

"It appears as though you have misaligned the conduit."

The crewman looked flustered as the ensign next to him muttered something about having told him so.

"Hey!" the crewman protested, looking at his comrade, "I'm still trying to figure out how to fix a replicator! You're the engineer, you fix it!"

"You gotta learn some time!" the ensign retorted.

"If I may, the misalignment is easily corrected," T'Lira interrupted, "And it is proper to assist your comrades when they require assistance."

The ensign looked suitably chastised as she turned to her fellow and started to guide him through the process of repairing the conduit.

T'Lira continued on her path and hope that she would not be stopped again.

Fortunately, she managed to return the tool kit without being stopped by someone asking for aid.

And that was when she remembered a recent conversation.

Perhaps her next stop should be Sickbay...

Lieutenant

Postby Luceo » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:18 pm

Good little interlude. But I'd personally stay away from sickbay. :: rubs his neck ::

Lieutenant

Postby Vanessa Brinkman » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:26 pm

Ian Blackthorne wrote:Good little interlude. But I'd personally stay away from sickbay. :: rubs his neck ::

And I personally thought that was funny as hell.

Lieutenant

Surprises

Postby Vanessa Brinkman » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:27 pm

As she stood at the auxiliary console performing routine passive scans, a silent notification popped up. Yet another letter from her parents. This time, on sheer impulse, she opened it and read it all the way through, instead of her usual identification of the sender and prompt deletion.

TO: Lt. (j.g.) T'Lira, SCI, USS Atlantis
CC: (not applicable)
SUBJECT: (not applicable)

Daughter, I request that you do not delete this message as is evident you have done with my previous missives. Need I remind you, it is highly rude to do such a thing? As you have deleted all previous messages from myself, your mother, and your siblings, I will provide a brief update of what those messages concerned.

When you left for Starfleet, we were highly disappointed in your illogical actions. Furthermore, it became quite clear why I warned you against such an action. The Federation initiated a hostile situation with the Dominion that led to all-out war. However, as it was not until many years afterwards that you resigned your commission, we began to believe that you had seen what Starfleet is primarily about. You clearly did not, with your return to Starfleet.

Your mother has repeatedly requested that you contact us, yet you still have not. Is it logical to shut one's family out? I think not. It would seem that the only person from your family that you have had constant contact with is T'Pela. Henceforth, it should be made known to you that your siblings are curious as to why she is the only person you have been in contact with. In my conversation with T'Pela, she has repeatedly asked that I at least listen to your point of view.

If you would reply to this missive, I would be willing to begin a conversation as to why you have made the choices you have. I only ask that you reply.

END MESSAGE

T'Lira frowned slightly at the message. Why should she have to defend her choices, especially now. A small illogical part of her wondered what their reactions would be if she told them... no, that would not do. They have shown little interest in her life other than why she chose to join and rejoin Starfleet, so why should she enlighten them as to the baby? And again, that illogical portion of her pointed out that they were still her family.

It took several moments of deliberation, but she saved the message and continued about her work, mentally formulating just how she would reply to this message.

PreviousNext

Return to U.S.S. Atlantis