Who are you, anyway?

Discuss everything to do with the game here. Your ships, character story arcs, plots, plans and ideas are all fair game. If it's In-Universe, then it's in here.
Commander

Re: Who are you, anyway?

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:08 pm

John Chisholm wrote:I live alone with my dog. He is the brains of the outfit.

I like the sound of your dog! Does he want to joint STE, too?

Lieutenant JG

Postby Robert Wright » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:14 pm

My name is Inigo Montoya....what, that's not it.

My name...is...KHAN! ....Shit.

Ok...My name is Robert. Whew, K! I'm 41, live just outside of Cleveland, Ohio. I dabble in a lot of things, mostly art and writing, but currently work as a computer network administrator. I like to think I'm a fun guy, though I'm told I sometimes push the boundary of good taste....so apologies in advance. ;-P

Ok, so...

Favorite Trek Series: DS-9
Favorite Trek Episode: its a toss-up between Balance of Terror (TOS) and The Measure of a Man (TNG)
Favorite Non-Trek Show: Wow...that's tough. A few show's I've really liked over the years are Babylon 5, Supernatural, Cosmos, Prophets of Science Fiction, Mythbusters, Stargate SG-1, Misfits, and Fringe.
Favorite Captain: Benjamin "Hawk" Sisko...a man born into a universe to damn weak for him.
Favorite Trek Character: Sisko
Favorite Starship: Sovereign Class
Favorite Trek Villain: The Borg..before the stupid queen crap.

Ensign

Postby John Chisholm » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:51 pm

Aoibhe Ni wrote:
John Chisholm wrote:I live alone with my dog. He is the brains of the outfit.

I like the sound of your dog! Does he want to joint STE, too?

Only if there are biscuits in it, I suspect...

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Postby James Greenman » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:25 pm

My name is James, I live in Atlantic Canada, and I am the IT Developer for Star Trek: Engage. Forums, IRC Server, Website, Character Database, that's all under my purview. :smug:

I also direct two of our games, the U.S.S. Hyperion on Monday and the Sigma Rho on Saturday! (Come along and watch)

In real life, i'm an IT Admin for an Oil & Gas company, basically fixing anything with any sort of cable attached to it. And some things that don't. It's good work, hard, but it does have the odd bit of downtime where I can work on personal projects which has basically been ST:E for the last six months. In my spare time, i'm a bit of a foodie and I like to cook, eat out, attend silly courses on making pastry or chocolate. I love to read, anything and everything, especially since I got a Kindle. I watch too much TV and play games, and tinker with things like electronics. Pretty nerdy stuff.

And now onto the good stuff!

Favourite Trek: DS9, hands down.
Favourite Captain: The Sisko
Favourite ST Movie: Toss up between Undiscovered Country and Wrath of Khan. So, so close.
Favourite Episode: I have a few. Balance of Terror is awesome, Mirror Mirror, Man Trap, Measure of a Man, Best of Both Worlds, In the Pale Moonlight, Take Me Out To The Holosuite, Message in a Bottle and Tinker Tenor Doctor Spy.
Favourite Ship: Prometheus! Also the Excelsior, that's a damn sexy ship.
Favourite Villain: Good question. Khan? Soong was good from Generations, but mainly for Malcolm MacDowell.
Favourite Character: The Doctor. Or Garak. Bashir/O'Brien if I can choose my favourite couple.
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Postby Andrew Rice » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:17 am

Hello all, I'm Andrew, but everyone just calls me Pezz or Pezzley Snipes (Pezz isnt short for Pezzley Snipes, Pezzley Snipes is long for Pezz). I'm currently unemployed. I was studying Psychology at university, but ironically I had to leave for psychological reasons. Because everyone knows me as Pezz; its led to an identity crisis and my life is like role-playing, I'm essentially a character and those around me have created a mythology. I'm apparently a drug-toting, hyper-violent, messianic, psychopathic sexual deviant. I let this go, since I am by no means a people person. I find greater comfort in strangers than those closest to me.
I'm a bit of a jack of all trades; I like to think of myself as a Polymath (Renaissance Man), over the years I've studied: Astronomy, Zoology, Quantum Mechanics, Engineering, Anthropology, Palaentology, Astrophysics, Philosophy and a number of other things.
I try to learn languages, but mainly my attempts are insulting to the culture; although I've been having recent luck with Hawaiian.
I was a gymnast, a weight lifter and a traceur (practioner of parkour/freerunning).
I'm also a budding novelist and poet; my genres are usually either fantasy or science fiction, sometimes a fusion of two. The topics range but I like to write about: heroes who are deeply flawed and dark, bordering on anti-heroism. Parody/satirical world mythology and history, including some potentially highly offensive takes on established religions. In my poetry I write alot about hopelessness, adversity and tragedy and how we must face it. Love; its strengths, weaknesses and limits. Philosophy and mirrored views of things. Truth and Lies and their impact on one's identity, I use the phrase: The truth the lie and the reconciliation; in poems about that topic alot.
I'm also a fan of, Star Trek, Star Wars, Stargate, Lord Of The Rings, Dr Who, Dragonball, Naruto, Game Of Thrones. An impressive number of detective programmes such as The Mentalist, Castle, Criminal Minds and all things Sherlock Holmes. Im also a fan of both Marvel and DC comics.

Favourite Trek: The Next Generation
Favourite Captain: Jean-Luc Picard
Favourite ST Movie: First Contact
Favourite Episode: Best of Both Worlds, Message In A Bottle, Nth Degree (in order)
Favourite Ship: Enterprise-D
Favourite Villain: The Borg or The Breen (because they are super mysterious)
Favourite Character: Although hard to choose, my top five are: Picard, Data, The Doctor, Worf and Quark
Favorite Non-Trek Show: Stargate off the top of my head

I liked all the treks except TOS, which i sadly find too dated to watch. Also, whether anyone believes me or not I enjoyed Enterprise and saw the merits of it and was hurt when it was cancelled.
Vincit Omnia Veritas - The truth conquers all things.

TAC - LtJG. Soule Douglas - USS Hyperion NCC-77989 / S.T.A.R. ECS
ENG - Lt. Ilaihr - USS Atlantis NCC-1021-D
CSO - LtJG. Hamlet - USS Sentinel NCC-79088

Cadet

Postby Lee Tyers » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:10 pm

I'm Lee, 37 years old, from Bournemouth on the south coast of the UK. Big fan of TNG and VOY, however never got into DS9 when it was on TV partly due to the lack of a starship. I'm trying to re watch it all now though as I'm older! Enterprise was okay, never really enjoyed the original series. Liking the new movies though and looking forward to seeing where they go with it. Favorite episode is 'Best Of Both Worlds' as I love seeing Riker as Captain! Obviously I'm also a fan of the 'Titan' series of novels.

I'm a Disney theme-parks fan, Harry Potter fan, and also enjoy WWE and NFL. I work for a mobile communications company and also for our local speedway (bike racing) club putting together their weekly magazine. Married with two kids and enjoy 'Engage' so I can forget about the responsibilities of real life for an hour each week!

Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Postby C. J. Short » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:21 am

Lee Tyers wrote:... and also enjoy WWE and NFL.

We're gonna get along just fine :awes:
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Lieutenant
IT'S BEEN A LONG ROAD

Character Name: Raqiin sh'Hruvek

Postby Shawna F » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:16 pm

I should maybe shimmy on over to this post now that I'm an actual playing member. :V Hi, I'm Shawna, and I'm nothing in-particular right now. Blah blah school applications blah blah part-time jobs blah blah economy. The overall point is I plan on getting into veterinary school and trying to find something paying instead of just volunteer work in the meantime.

But that's depressing and boring. You guys wanna know that I'm on the east coast, US time, and that I grew up with Trek and sci-fi. Thank god for nerdy, geeky families. I've been forum roleplaying since I cringe to think about how long, and--not counting a short foray into D&D thanks to a Trek book--I've been tabletopping only the past few years. It'll be interesting to feel out some original characters without dicerolls, since alas, I cannot play temporally displaced canon characters. Mm, speaking of Trek books, the next Ent book comes out at the end of the month. Too bad I'm not sure if I like this author yet...

Favorite Trek Series: Enterprise. Sorry. It's true.
Favorite Trek Episode: just off the top of my head I'll go with City on the Edge of Forever (IDW is gonna publish a comic version of the original teleplay!) and Best of Both Worlds (part one specifically)
Favorite Trek Movie: XI, Undiscovered Country, First Contact. Might as well pick from every era.
Favorite Non-Trek Show: how. how choose. Currently, Hannibal. It is an actual work of art. Of all time? Where do I start--Babylon 5, Farscape, all of the Stargates (but especially Universe, apparently I like black sheep), MASH, The West Wing
Favorite Captain: Picard
Favorite Trek Character: Malcolm Reed :allears:
Favorite Starship: Damn but the NX-01 is a mighty purdy ship
Favorite Trek Villain: Probably TNG-era Borg too, or Lore. Or Q if we want to count him as a villain
CSO Lt Raqiin sh'Hruvek - USS Bremen NCC-12428
XO LtCmdr Vikram Baudin - USS Sentinel NCC-79088 / S.T.A.R. Taskforce Sigma

Ensign

Character Name: Wren

Postby Megan Fenn » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:47 pm

I feel so out of place. I am so much younger than ALL of you. Im 16 and I live in the UK. I got into Star Trek through the 2009 reboot but im working on watching the others. Star Trek is a family love thing. My mum is a huge Trekkie. So are my siblings.

I did go to college but some personal things happened and i had to drop out. Will be starting again in September. I spend most of my time either writing or drawing.

For medical reasons i cant get a job and my medical knowledge comes from my love for Criminology and my mum was a nurse.

Bout all i can say without giving too much of my life away which i try ot to do. But i guess im a baby amongst you guys.

Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Postby C. J. Short » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:05 pm

Well, we're glad to have you, Megan :)

How much of the old stuff have you watched?
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

PreviousNext

Return to Engage Lounge