Who are you, anyway?

Discuss everything to do with the game here. Your ships, character story arcs, plots, plans and ideas are all fair game. If it's In-Universe, then it's in here.
Lieutenant

Re: Who are you, anyway?

Postby Babette C » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:30 pm

Hi there, I play Isabelle Rousseau, Medical, on the Hyperion.
I am currently a stay at home mom from Chicago area. I am wearing a balloon on my head because youngest daughter wants to build a piñata. Older son wants me to read a book, and mac & cheese is cooking on the stove. Life is good. I love to read (when I'm not being distracted by munchkins), I mod a steampunk rpg on Ravelry, and I met Aoibhe (sp?) through the Star trek rpg board that we both belong to, also on Ravelry. (which is currently verrrry slow) She and another member invited me here, and I love it so far. My age? A lady never gives her proper age.. Old enough to know better, mostly. ;)

What else? I knit, I sew costumes, I do rpgs with my hubby and friends on saturday nights (mainly d&d), and I love history and reenacting. I volunteer with the local historical society as a docent, sometimes in costume - I will be a costumed guide at our cemetery walk coming up in september. Our whole family likes to watch re-runs of Star Trek on Hulu. Currently we're going through TNG. Oh, and we have a crazy whippet named Zephyr who also loves to curl up and watch Trek with us.
CMO - Lt. Isabelle Rousseau - USS Hyperion NCC-77989
AMB - Lt. JG Rebecca Terell - USS Sentinel NCC-79088

Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Postby C. J. Short » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:26 pm

I'm theoretically going to be getting back into D&D now that I'm in my own place. Tell me more about this Steampunk RPG!
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Lieutenant

Postby Thomas Marsland » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:29 am

Hi all, Tom Marsland here. I'm 30 years old and I've been in the US Navy for 13 years come tomorrow. I'm a nuclear-trained Chief Petty Officer Electronics Technician. I'm responsible for all the instrumentation and operation of nuclear reactors on submarines in the Navy. Currently I'm teaching Reactor Principles at the Nuclear Power School in Charleston, SC. I've been a Trek fan for decades now... I started in another chat RPG and was introduced to this one through Einar.

I have a wife and three kids, 4, 2 and 7 months. Busy life. I'ma also a full time college student in my off time from the Navy.. so yeah, I keep busy. Anyways, that's about it.

Lieutenant

Postby Babette C » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:00 am

Hi, C.J.,
Are you on Ravelry, by any chance? My name over there is LadyofShalott, and it's the HMS Mistral Group. The RPG is based on the airship HMS Mistral, it's captain, and her crew. Currently we are starting out again on our mission after being docked for a couple of weeks for repair/recovery after a few unexpected adventures. It's based on a steampunk game that my roleplaying group was doing a few years ago, which I have made my own version of. The world has an empire much like the French Empire, steampunk tech, and a bit of a fantasy twist. The original tabletop rpg was based on D20 Modern/D20 Past rules, and we also were using a book called Imperial Age, which has rules for Victorian Age role-play.
Hope that answered your question! : )
CMO - Lt. Isabelle Rousseau - USS Hyperion NCC-77989
AMB - Lt. JG Rebecca Terell - USS Sentinel NCC-79088

Lieutenant

Postby Vanessa Brinkman » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:32 pm

Well, looks like I'm the first to post in a little while. Guess that's what I get for surfing the forums randomly.

Alright, here goes. I'm 16 and regretting the classes I chose for junior year. I, um, take IB classes and managed to break the unspoken rule while I'm at it. I'm looking to go to college for Criminology and Psychology. I've been a Trek fan since 7th grade summer camp, where a Trekkie Physics class was taught by my chem teacher from sophomore year. I have way too many fandoms and OTPs to count, not that I could even try to. And yay, fellow Packers fans here!

Uh, Favorite Trek Series: DS9 because it's awesome. Garak and Bashir are hysterical and I ship Worf and Jadzia so hard. And, the personal favorite, the Sisko.
Favorite Trek Episode: Probably any Mirror Universe episode because they're all pretty amazing and add to the dynamic of the show by showing their complete opposites.
Favorite Trek Movie: Y'all are probably going to hate me for this, but Nemesis, because I find it a fitting end of an old favorite and the beginning of a new favorite (the books). Besides, I think the Romulans are pretty cool, even if they are douche-canoes on occasion.
Favorite Captain: Janeway. Always Janeway. Because anybody who has a coffee addiction that can beat mine is to be respected in my book.
Favorite Character: Oh, this is a hard one... Jadzia Dax. The sass is strong with that one. I don't think she ever stopped sassing and I'm pretty sure she's sassing Ezri now.
Favorite Starship: USS Excalibur (not when Riker commanded). I love how Peter David wrote the crew and the innate craziness that's there. And of course there's the cameos from some old
d friends.
Favorite Villain: hehe... KHAAAAAAAN! A local con in my town had a KHAAN-test once. Pretty funny. Anyway, I liked both old and new Khan. Both actors did a great job, but I always see Sherlock when I watch Into Darkness. When are they getting out of darkness, anyway?

Well, yeah. That's me in a nutshell. Well, not a nutshell, but rather a small plastic bag. Nuts are not friendly. Live long and Prosper \\\///
SCI Lt. T'Lira, USS Atlantis
CMO Lt. Sarissa t'Kaveth, USS Sentinel
CTO Lt. Noemi Idaris, Sigma Rho

Lieutenant

Postby Chris Esterhuyse » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:52 am

Ok, so random trawling and seeing what was posted recently brought me here.

I'm Chris, living in Johannesburg, South Africa. I'll be 40 next year and plan on looking better at 40 than I did at 30.

I work in communications as operations manager. We run video and teleconferences, including moderated calls for many companies releasing their financial results.

I read. I read a lot. I've got 6 different novels on my tablet that I switch between, two on the bedside table, three in the lounge and two in the toilet.

I game too. Console, PC, pen and paper, online. Running a D&D campaign (Jade Regent), player in a Cthulhu campaign set in ancient Rome (Invictus). Trying to catch up with the TV shows I like. Trying to catch a movie at the cinema sometime.

I cook, bake, crochet, sing, act, direct plays, play violin, paint and write.

Ok, now I sound super busy.
XO - Cmdr. Rojer Lyon - USS Hyperion

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Postby Andrew Rice » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:30 am

So you actually work at OPS? xD
Vincit Omnia Veritas - The truth conquers all things.

TAC - LtJG. Soule Douglas - USS Hyperion NCC-77989 / S.T.A.R. ECS
ENG - Lt. Ilaihr - USS Atlantis NCC-1021-D
CSO - LtJG. Hamlet - USS Sentinel NCC-79088

Ensign

Character Name: Jonas Illin

Postby Paul Scott » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:26 am

This feels like a thread that ought to be resurrected.

I'm just a week away from my 28th birthday and feeling particularly old and unaccomplished this year.

I'm a writer by desire but had a bit of a rocky road getting here. Through much of my school life I coasted and dropped out of Uni after the second year. I've sort of become my own worst enemy in that regard. Since then I've worked in a number of customer service based jobs. Retail for a number of years, then to contact centres. I've basically reached a point now where I can't take it any more and have to find something else... But I'm still searching for a job I can cope with.

What I love is anything to do with writing. I proof read and write copy for friends and I feel perfectly calm and content, and I serve as a film editor for www.imwithgeek.com . We're a new site so sadly it doesn't pay anything, but we're working hard to find an audience to make it pay a wage, even if it's quite a basic one.

I'm also working on my first novel. It's slow going though. I doubt myself a lot, which is sort of what brings me here in of the fact that I'm trying to gain a little confidence in fiction rather than non-fiction which I've become more used to over the last few years.

As a bit of a plug, if anyone needs anything proofreading that you need checking over then please get in contact. All I'd ask for at the end is an endorsement. Likewise if any copywriting needs to be done I'm games.
Also, if any of you are looking for some writing experience then I'm sure we can work something out to feature an article or two on I'm With Geek. We mostly feature anything geek based around films, games or TV. Even if it's Star Trek based, we are afterall on the 50th Anniversary year. :)

I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone!
Engineering Cadet Jonas Illin
USS Bremen

Previous

Return to Engage Lounge