Who are you, anyway?

Discuss everything to do with the game here. Your ships, character story arcs, plots, plans and ideas are all fair game. If it's In-Universe, then it's in here.
Commander

Who are you, anyway?

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:26 pm

I think it'd be nice if we all had a chance to get to know each other a bit more, outside of our obvious and binding love of all things Trek (except Enterprise, obviously...), so I'm gonna start us off!

Hi, I'm Aoibhe... I'm an Irish designer, and besides Trek, I love to cook, bake, look after my dog, I revel in any type of craft, really, knitting, crochet, naalbindning (Viking knitting), weaving, yarn spinning, whittling, the works. I also do a bit of graphic design. All the ST: E graphics are my work, for instance. :)

I make wines, meads and fruit liqueurs at home, and pull out a bottle now and then for special occasions, or Friday night...

Ensign

Re: Who are you, anyway?

Postby Brian Bailey » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:40 pm

Stay At Home Dad have a 3 year old and been married for over 8 years.

I am working on my first novel a paranormal detective series about a US Marshal that handles Paranormal Crimes based in the Washington State Area.

Been a Trek fan since I was a kid. Seen all the Trek movies in the Theater. Co-Hosted the Trek Festival of Movies at College the year Generations came out.

My favorite Star Trek TV show is Deep Space 9.

Favorite Trek Episode: Best of Both Worlds, when the Borg was scary.

Favorite Trek Movie: Wrath of Khan

Favorite Non Trek TV Show: Babylon 5

Favorite Captain: Benjamin Sisko

Favorite Trek Character: Spock and Worf they are tied.

Favorite Trek Villain: Khan (TOS)

Lieutenant

Postby Jack Lucas » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:54 pm

I'm an Aerospace Design Engineer and Dad. She's 5 and adorable. I'm obviously a huge nerd, and a fan of Trek. Board games, D&D, 40k, etc. I'm currently the Lead Game Designer for a small indie game conpany in my spare time.

That's it. Favorite Trek things: Sisko, O'Brien, all of DS9, Undiscovered Country and First Contact. I'm a staunch defender of Enterprise, and I've recently discovered that Voyager is only mostly awful. I also believe that the best thing Roddenberry ever did for Trek was die. So there's that.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Lieutenant JG

Postby Riccardo Fabris » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:57 pm

I'm an IT developer, I'm not the hugest Star Trek fan but I know enough to get by. I love baking, cooking and playing board games. A lot of board games. Board games that take multiple days to play. This is currently taking up my entire table and probably will stay for a month plus:

I read a lot of history, especially late 19th century politics. I used to be really into Star Wars when I was younger, but lost interest after the new trilogy came out. I mostly watch sci-fi for the different ships/aliens/etc rather than character progression.

Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Postby C. J. Short » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:02 pm

I'm stealing that template.

I'm C. J., and I fancy myself a writer, though other life stuff is currently in the way. I'm working on it, though. I honestly can't say when I fell in love with Star Trek. I think it was when I was in my early teens; my mom and step-dad were into TNG, so I was exposed to it by proxy. As I got older and spent more time thinking about philosophical stuff, I got more attached to it, especially to the ambiguity of DS9.

Favorite Star Trek Series: Deep Space 9

Favorite Trek Episode: This is difficult, as it often depends on what I've seen most recently, but I think I'll go with "In the Pale Moonlight," where Sisko and Garak conspired to trick the Romulans into joining the war against the Dominion. Like all of the greatest episodes of Star Trek, it served as an exploration of humanity when dealing with a difficult subject. Unlike most of those other episodes, though, the answer it gave us was dark, and asked more questions than it answered.

Favorite Trek Movie: First Contact. It had the Borg *and* the Defiant in it. Also, badassery from everyone involved.

Favorite Non Trek TV Show: Batman: The Animated Series. I love Kevin Conroy.

Favorite Captain: The Sisko.

Favorite Trek Character: Also The Sisko. He ended up being too badass for this universe.

Favorite Trek Villain: Skrain Dukat. A perfect illustration of the notion that the path to hell is paved in good intentions.
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Postby C. J. Short » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:04 pm

Jack Lucas wrote:I'm currently the Lead Game Designer for a small indie game conpany in my spare time.

Snap. Have you guys published anything yet?
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Ensign

Postby Kyle Renaud » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:37 pm

I am a stay at home Dad with 2 children i call my own 1 is by birth she is 6 and the oldest is 14 and ive been with her over half her life. I want to be working but Nova Scotia is almost a third world province for jobs. If i could only find a way to get paid for playing MMO's or RPG'S id be in heaven. I mainly play d&d or whitewolf lately but have played most of the ones out there. As some of you saw earlier i stated i was born with a Cleft lip/pallet which affected my self esteem growing up so to solve this i fell into gaming and havent left yet it keeps me going because ppl want me around. I fell into Star Trek when i was a teen as Wesley and I got promoted the same night minme was to Lance corporal in army cadets. I quickly caught up on the rest. If anyone has any Questions please feel free to ask ill do my best to respond as fast as possable.

I also found this sight with full ship specs for our Intrepid aka U.S.S. Bremen http://techspecs.acalltoduty.com/intrep ... IFICATIONS
Last edited by Kyle Renaud on Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lieutenant

Postby Jack Lucas » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:50 pm

C. J. Short wrote:
Jack Lucas wrote:I'm currently the Lead Game Designer for a small indie game conpany in my spare time.

Snap. Have you guys published anything yet?

We're currently in talks with two different publishers - you can check us out here: https://www.facebook.com/DawnOfVictory2289

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Lieutenant

Postby Andrew James » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:46 am

I'm Andrew, I'm 28, from Wales originally but now I live on a piece of shit ashtray they call Cyprus until I can afford to get out of here. The economy collapsed here last year due to heavy investing in Greek banks, meaning it's very tough and unemployment is very high. It feels like a third world country big time.

I am a father of two girls aged 5 and 3. I like Star Trek (obviously), motor sports, aviation and books. I play guitar and bass guitar and can't go a day without music. I also like geography and learning languages; apart from English I know Greek, intermediate level Mandarin Chinese and basic Portuguese. Like most of us here, I like to write.

That's pretty much it I think.

Ensign

Postby John Chisholm » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:47 pm

I am John, I am 41. I am the Foreign Affairs Editor for an International Security Magazine, conference producer and academic and also work on a government programme for young people. This all just about keeps me in poverty.

I like sci fi, absurdity and overthinking things. I dislike cheese.

I have been involved in RPG's and wargaming since I was 14. It was a bleak childhood in rural Yorkshire...

I live alone with my dog. He is the brains of the outfit.

Next

Return to Engage Lounge