What's your favourite kind of Trek tale?

Discuss everything to do with the game here. Your ships, character story arcs, plots, plans and ideas are all fair game. If it's In-Universe, then it's in here.
Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Re: What's your favourite kind of Trek tale?

Postby James Greenman » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:47 pm

C. J. Short wrote:I mean that literally, by the way.

Season 2 of TNG was produced during a writer's strike, so they weren't able to write new scripts. What they did was go back and recycle a bunch of scripts from a scrapped project called Star Trek: Phase II, which was to be a continuation of TOS, starring many of the same characters and such.

Actually, it was only the first episode "The Child" that was a rehashed Phase II episode. The writers strike just cut the whole seasons down to 22 episodes.
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Postby C. J. Short » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:07 pm

James Greenman wrote:Actually, it was only the first episode "The Child" that was a rehashed Phase II episode. The writers strike just cut the whole seasons down to 22 episodes.

My bad. I recalled initially reading about it in this old TNG production book; I can't recall the name of it at the moment, but it had a lot of behind-the-scenes stories from the earlier seasons. I guess I recalled the information wrong.

Still, Pulaski annoyed me with her neo-luddite attitude, and I don't feel like she ever progressed enough to make up for that. That's just me, though.
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Lieutenant

Postby Jack Lucas » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:35 pm

Though they're popular, my "least favorite" is probably anytime the Holodeck tries to kill someone... (says the guy who just wrote 3 logs about someone trapped in a holodeck)

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:05 pm

Jack Lucas wrote:Though they're popular, my "least favorite" is probably anytime the Holodeck tries to kill someone... (says the guy who just wrote 3 logs about someone trapped in a holodeck)

Oh, god, yes. Or any mission that is totally in the holodeck, and set NOT IN TREK TIME. I mean, what is the point of playing then?

Lieutenant JG

Postby Robert Wright » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:52 am

I hated the "Anomaly" that seemed to pop up on Voyager every other week. It got so bad, we started calling it "The Anomaly of the Week" show.

I also hated the Holodeck episodes too. Seriously, after the first few times you'd think they would, I dunno, STOP using them like that.

Previous

Return to Engage Lounge